Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Long Exposure Highway


I'm not a big fan of using the blurry, wiggly, trippy effect of having a long exposure on photos that are meant to be documentarian - I'm continually amazed at how many photographers will post dozens of pictures of an art opening or a band's gig, and you can't even tell what you're looking at because everything's all tracered-out. Call me crazy, but I like pictures of stuff to look like the stuff.

Having said that, I did have fun last night playing with taking long-exposure photos of the road ahead, from the top of my steering wheel. And of course, the faster you drive, the more information is compressed into the exposure time and thus the more stretched and distorted everything gets beyond the vanishing point.

I'm easily amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment